Sunday, April 5, 2009

Still Searching

We haven't dropped off the face of the earth I promise! We are doing alright, it has been a long couple of months but we are hanging in there and doing fairly well. I am so appreciative of all the support and love we have from friends and family. Josh is doing okay, though it seems reactions are getting more serious and we are not sure exactly what the cause is. It could just be the soy but we are trying to be very very careful that there is no soy near the boy! Still, Saturday we were at the acute care clinic because he again looked like he had a rash or hives, after a long wait the doctor came in finally looked at him and said you have an allergic reaction buddy what did you get into or eat? Gee if only it were that easy to figure out! I am frustrated and going to work this week to get more answers and talk with the allergist at least again because we cannot avoid things that we do not know to avoid. We will do whatever we must to help Josh not have reactions but we need some guidance. He's on oral steroids for 5 days, this wasn't what we wanted to do but we are out of options. Poor baby, he's more fussy and clingy and I can't blame him at all. Even after 1 complete dose he still is quite broken out. I am praying for guidance and patience as I deal with getting in touch with the allergist and having our concerns addressed so that we can partner with this doctor for Josh's care...I am afraid that the "momma bear" may come out though, I do not think I will allow them to pass me off (of course I hope that they don't but am preparing to fight if I must for him to get some care!)

2 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Oh goodness! Poor Josh! That rash looks like it hurts/itches! I hope you are able to get answers soon!

Kristin Carlson said...

Poor baby! Don't worry about Mama Bear, I'll back you up for 1000 miles away! Hope he is feeling better soon. You're doing a great job & I wish I could be a better help. I'm here to listen always. Love you!