Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do You Know BINGO?

If it's bedtime at our house, you are likely to get this question from Josh.  I am not sure why or exactly when it started, about 2 or 3 weeks ago.  He isn't upset about it, he doesn't throw a fit, but he will ask several times if you know BINGO and then after that question it could be "why is BINGO a song?"  Josh isn't happy until he gets an answer either.  It's kind of sweet, he'll stop you as you are leaving the room, or come out after he's been tucked in and say "Daddy (or Mommy) I have a question, just one question.  Do you know BINGO?"  Of course by the fourth or fifth time it's not quite so cute.  Still I hope these are the things we remember, the little things.
Josh is doing really well.  He's getting bigger, hard to believe that clothes that last fall fit on Noah are fitting him pretty well (at least the shirts).  I can't believe how quick he is growing, and he just seems a bit taller than Noah did at this age.  He still is a very passionate and determined little boy, he has great joy and great sorrow, not typically much between the two.  He adores Addison to pieces still, though there are times he doesn't want to share a snack or a book with her.  Still the other night I watched as Josh took stickers off a page and put them on paper, giving Addison a sticker about every two or three  he took for himself.  Mike and I were just talking tonight as we were thinking of ideas for his birthday (yes it's still early!) about how he is different than Noah.  He is not necessarily more timid, in fact in some ways he's even more fearless than Noah is, yet he is quite different.  We were talking about how a bouncy place wouldn't be a good fit, Josh still doesn't care for them and Chuck-E-Cheese is lots of fun for the kids, but Josh seems more reserved at places like that still.  He is a more introverted soul it seems.  Of course he's also still quite the funny one who loves to make us laugh. 
Josh is also starting to really get one-to-one correspondence and understand number concepts more.  He has been able to count verbally to ten for some time now, but couldn't quite count out 4 or 7 etc. things at a time.  Now he has been able to count up to 6 objects successfully.  At 7 he seems to lose track of which he has already counted unless the objects are in a line or manipulatives that he can move.  I'm impressed with his progress.  He has also been getting simple patterns very well, a favorite subject of Noah's during school time and Josh hasn't been slowed down a bit by them. 
Soccer is also getting better (check out the latest pictures - the links are on the sidebar).  From the first game where he wouldn't participate but for 1 small activity until last week when he went to help his coach set up the cones before the game and then mostly stayed on the field without Mike or I out there to encourage (push I guess) him to play.  It will be neat to compare the last game of the year with the first. 

No comments: