Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our First "Real" Trick-or-Treating





Our pumpkins all aglow

their loot

Josh said suckers were his favorite, they are also what he wants to give out when someone comes to the door

Noah showing off his candy, such a ham lately

Waiting for trick-or-treaters to come...the boys were so very excited to give out candy.  They ran to the door each time someone was there, unless they were still standing there waiting from the last group.

Addison wanted to watch for a bit with Josh
This was the first year we went trick-or-treating in the neighborhood.  In years past it seemed the weather wasn't agreeable and doing the Harvest Fest at church provided more than enough candy so without the boys asking to go - we never did.  This year they asked about it, a combination of some new books that had trick-or-treating and cartoons.  In any case, being on base I felt it was okay that we went for a little bit.  I told the boys we would do 4 circles and after 3 they were ready to come home.  They both got so excited each time someone was here to trick-or-treat, I'm glad they had fun giving away candy!  It was a nice evening, glad we went even though I wanted to be lazy and grumpy and not bother.  I think we are now a trick-or-treat going family because I'm pretty sure they'll remember each year, but it was so much fun for them (and I think I may have found another sitter - a neighbor we know uses on occasion who wants more jobs...score since there are 2 girls in the family who live a block over!)

No comments: