.JPG) |
| pink for the right |
 |
| purple for the left (different colors to hopefully make it easier for anyone who may keep an eye on her and need to put them back in the right ears, her loss is different considerably in each ear) |
We went to Addison's audiology appointment, we had scheduled it last week once we had word that her new ear mold would be in. Her last ABR in September showed that she had increased loss in her right ear, so we were in the process of getting one for that ear. Well Friday night on the way from the parking lot to the fun area at church for King's Faire Addison decided to yank out the aid in her left ear. We clip them to her shirts so they don't get lost, typically she leaves them alone but if she's tired or mad they come out. Well, Addison also seems to be working on some molars we think and so everything has been going in her mouth. Of course, she had the entire hearing aid, tone hook, tube, and ear mold in her mouth - at some point. At most it had been 2 minutes before I noticed it was out, I wen to pull it up and saw it was in her mouth, only the actual hearing aid was missing. Everything in her mouth, I doubted she had swallowed it, but feared she could have. Mike searched for a good 20 minutes probably and couldn't find it. Mike stayed with the boys at the fair - thankfully Corby and Kristin were able to give them a ride home because Addison and I headed to the ER because with the battery we had to assume the worse and make sure she hadn't swallowed it. UGH! Thank goodness, she didn't swallow it!! So Monday morning I called, her audiologist was able to have a new replacement aid for her left ear for her appointment today. There's a deductible of course, but cheaper than a whole new hearing aid. We changed colors though - so now she has a pink one for her right ear and a purple one for her left ear. A little brighter so hopefully if it goes missing again we'll spot it! I'll try and get better pictures later, but here are 2 I took with my phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment