Friday, November 12, 2010

Alterations

The pants that fit before...

and the additional pants that now fit!
Addison is a peanut - I think everyone knows this that knows her.  Other than some mild concerns that she wasn't gaining weight we haven't been worried.  The problem has come with her pants, the only ones that fit her well and didn't get walked or crawled out of were the ones with adjustable waists.  I love the adjustable waists, the boys' pants now are almost all adjustable, it just makes life easier for growth spurts and such.  Addison I think has the problem of being the right height for the clothes (she's got long legs!) but her weight I don't think will ever be quite up there.   Now enter in the wonderful hand-me downs we got, the sales and the stuff we bought before realizing she's a peanut...and it's hard to find pants with adjustable waist below 2T (it can be done, there are lines, but they are specific, not always on sale and let's face it who wants to pay full price?).  I searched out a tutorial and found one to alter normal pants to an adjustable waist...5 easy steps it said...and they were right!  5 easy steps times 11 pants and now we have gone from 4 pairs of pants that fit well to 15 that fit!  YEAH! 

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

I am so thankful for adjustable waistbands. We have the same problem with Madisen as you do Addison. Still, at 5 years old, we have a hard time finding pants that are long enough, but small enough in the waist. I usually have to cinch the adjustable waist as tight as they will go, and a belt! Pretty girls with long legs...we better watch out ;)