What a big day it was last Sunday, Mike turned 30! I never get to surprise Mike, never ever. It's not because he snoops or tries to ruin surprises, simply I have the hardest time keeping anything at all from him if it is remotely a big deal. Seriously, even his Christmas and birthday presents are hard for me to keep from him - I want to give them to him immediately! So when he was out of town on a work trip a bit before his birthday, I thought it was the perfect time to plan a surprise. It really wasn't anything too big, Corby helped me get the word out at work about the party and we had some of his favorite food - cookie salad (no it's not a dessert, just ask him) and BBQ chicken. Of course there was also chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Even more helpful was that Mike had volunteered to work at the air show the morning of his birthday and was going to be gone for 3 hours. It should have been plenty time to get everything ready - but I was rushing around last minute, thank goodness Kristin was here early and helped jump in to get things done. It ended up it was a bad weekend for most everyone from his work, several working, several out of town, and some with family in town - but there were Corby and Kristin and Wanda and Corey who were able to make it. He was actually surprised and hopefully felt special! I'm not sure he liked my choices of decorations - some photo collages of him through the years including one of just pictures with his classic look - eyes closed.
![]() |
| see - it just happens, poor guy! |


No comments:
Post a Comment