Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!  (I love this expression, it reminds me of college and my favorite classes and professor and now it has meant a time of retreat, reconnection, and encouragement in the way of MOPS!)  We have had a very full Tuesday, full of good things, convicting things, God trying to get my attention about things (I better start listening or He's going to have a 2x4 coming at my head soon I'm sure...I'm trying, but emotional exhuastion is hard to recoup from!).  It was frustrating at times, not in an awful way, but the normal we have preschoolers in our house way - waiting is hard especially during nap time. 

We started the day off with a good breakfast for everyone - both boys gobbled up cheesy eggs (or scrambled eggs for normal folks) and were happy playing with moon dough and fairly patient with each other.  We headed to the Y for a quick workout for me, which ended up being a bit shorter than hoped but it beats nothing.  By the time I got done and showered and picked up the kids, we were a bit late for MOPS but not too bad.  It's easy to forget sometimes just how much time 2 carseats and the loading and unloading of little people really does add to life (think 5 minutes minimum on each end...why I forget this when we do it everyday I still don't get).  MOPS was great, it was convicting.   We had a speaker who was talking about preparing your kids for school - whatever way you choose to school.  She spoke with a great sense of humor and frank honest commentary.  I have been hearing God speak to my heart for awhile now about really evaluating how we are disciplining, teaching, raising the kids and the need to truly evaluate what makes them each tick and tailor things for parenting them best each individually, not trying to do what seems to make the most logical sense as a whole.  We know this, we have discussed this at length so much but I think it needs fresh eyes and hearts as the boys have grown so much and are developing and showing stronger characteristics. Oh and did I mention I forgot the diaper bag, Josh's bag for the morning?  Yeah, had everything else but the essentials!  And of course Josh had an accident, Addison had a dirty diaper, her pants aren't fitting (more on that later!)  Talk about a remind that we all need some grace!
We left and hurried back to the base to have a quick bite of lunch with Mike, who kindly picked up the diaper bag before he met us.  Josh proceeded to throw himself on the floor in the middle of a very crowded Burger King - again reminder that it's not about how we look, we all need grace, they need consistency.  I'm listening, I'm listening!  A trip to the bathroom with me for some teaching and reminding and he was able to join everyone for lunch and we did enjoy a nice lunch.  Thank goodness!  Then it was time to get gas, go to the hospital for flu shots and mists for the 4 of us, then Addison had an appointment for a new mold for her aids...then back to immuzations for getting copies of the new shot records (which took forever!) then to see her case manager about the paperwork for "give parents a break"  So then it was off to the bank to deposit the kids' money they had gotten for Halloween and finally home!  YIKES!  What a long day.  It was soo soo good though, even with the parts that had us a bit frazzled!  Tomorrow we may have a quiet morning before heading to speech for the afternoon.  Though it looks like we'll be making a stop by Joann's before or after for some supplies to alter Ms. Addison's pants!  She's got long legs and a skinny waist and no butt....so her pants are falling off of her, but the next size down are too short.  They sale adjustable waist pants...but they are hard to find on sale, and honestly we have lots of pants that she got as gifts before she was born or shortly after (before we knew she was going to have this issue!) and lots of great hand-me downs.  So I found a tutorial online that says it's as easy as 5 steps and can be done in less than an hour for several pants...we'll see.  I hope so, it would open up a wide range options for her clothes!

No comments: