Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flexibiliy

We were going to be camping this weekend in Death Valley - I think I may have been the most excited.  This cold/flu junk though hasn't been in a hurry to leave my body and then there were going to be some strong winds all day and weekend in Death Valley.  So Friday we decided to skip camping this weekend.  Unfortunately Death Valley will have to wait until the fall (the temps are already really rising there 100+ already!).  We may try again Friday but somewhere closer to home.  I was disappointed, yet today glad that I can lounge around and get some rest.  Flexibility is really important in life, I'm not always good at it and am thankful for a partner in crime who remains more flexible than me!  Kristin and I went to a girl's night out thing and Joann's last night since we didn't have to get ready to go camping.  We left all 6 kids with Mike - he's a trooper for sure!  He had everyone in bed sleeping by 815 - show off!
This morning there was lots of playing and jumping by all the kids.   We enjoyed some brunch and then Noah and Josh wanted to watch a movie, so they went in to watch their movie and Addy went back out to the trampoline.  She loves the trampoline as much as the boys!  She's able to get on it and down by herself now.  Well, earlier this week she was playing with Mike and he said she did a somersault, he wasn't sure if she had meant to but ended up doing one.  Then today, she was trying to do them on the trampoline and she did a few!  Seriously?  Isn't it a bit early Addy girl?  I got a few pictures of her doing them, but when Mike got the little camera to try and get a video she of course didn't want to do anymore.  We'll try again later though - guess she's pretty flexible too!

And don't forget there are even more pictures on Facebook - the link is on the left <---- over there!

Photobucket

Photobucket
watching the bacon cook this morning - shhh! You don't want the bacon to hear you (or so Mike said!)

Photobucket
the beginning of a somersault!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
in the middle of another somersault!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

You really do have beautiful kids! I LOVE Addison's smile, and it always makes me smile too! I hope you feel better soon!