Saturday, April 16, 2011

Going Manual

This morning we found our way to a park, the "cowboy" park Josh has dubbed it.  It is getting warm here, I am excited for the warmth but realized today that our days of spending mid afternoons in the park are short lived again - we'll be spending mornings and evenings at the park and staying out of the afternoon heat soon.  We had lots of fun though and it was good since our morning got rearranged a bit; we had hoped to make the MOPS egg hunt but Mike was longer than he planned taking care of registering the van - bummer we missed the egg hunt but yeah I don't have to do it alone with all 3 kids.  I challenged myself for the weekend to stick to fully manual on the camera (I've been doing apture or shutter speed control but leaving the autofocus on most of the time and sometimes the auto-ISO on, though sometimes not).  I was surprised I got as many good shots as we ended up with.
My heart has been pondering actually being more serious with photography, as in doing it for hire.  It's scary for me - the business aspects of it I have no idea on yet...of course I also question if I can hack it out there.  But I absolutely LOVE taking pictures though, I am loving the learning and trying to achieve better pictures each time.  I have had several people ask me about taking pictures, or suggesting I should try...Mike says it's not a coincidence anymore...we'll see how it goes.  But all that jibberish was to say, I'm challenging myself to be fully manual because if I do this for other people and get paid to do it - I want to make sure I'm constantly learning and getting better and improving.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 Photobucket

No comments: