We spent another morning at the Valley of Fire...this time with Mike's squadron. What a gorgeous day we had out there, so thankful after we had sleet/rain/snow yesterday (yes in Vegas in April!). We grilled out, played football, talked, fed the chipmunks, and explored a bit. It ended up I think being a great place for the various ages of families - and I'm pretty sure everyone had a really good time. Our kids enjoyed trying to climb the rocks near the picnic location...there was also a little cover of sorts close that our boys and Kristin's boys went exploring. It was great - they were fighting off the "bats & bears" (which of course there weren't really but shh...don't tell them that!) and climbing up; the location was great though because they couldn't climb up too high and there was a good slope that was much safer and it didn't go through to another side. A great spot for 4 preschool boys to have adventures. I think we got a few good shots of Noah for his 5 year pictures...we'll do them in parts I think and seriously how is he almost 5 already?
On the way home I told Mike I felt like we've won the lottery so far with squadrons. We have been in such awesome squadrons that have had leaders who put family first and really look out for everyone. What a blessing it has been!
No comments:
Post a Comment