Okay, no one will be surprised by this confession I'm betting. But I think it's time I confess - this hobby of mine is on the brink of becoming a bit of an obession. I'm typically checking our things to leave the house and including the camera and extra lens. I'm constantly thinking about the light in places - as in this would be great light for pictures, or this isn't great light, or how would this light work? Oh and the last cloudy day we had, my first comment to Mike was how the clouds would be good coverage for afternoon pictures. And my web searches lately, not so much medical searches, but for lenses, and photography websites, oh and constantly checking Craigslist to see if there's a deal I can't pass up. It's the 5th of April and already we have had to add a "part 2" album on Facebook for pictures (geesh each album can only have 200 pictures...I mean it did take me 5 days right?). I am dreaming of lenses, and a speedlite, and driving around in search of great backgrounds, and one day maybe buying photoshop for myself. Where is this coming from? Poor Mike, and the kids - but maybe the kids won't mind so much when they are older, they're going to be so used to having a camera pointed in their direction.
On a happy note though, I think I am learning some things. I'm getting much more comfortable with the camera and learning to adjust things more easily in the midst of a shot. Oh and we are getting some pretty good pictures of the kids - which is really what led to the obsession hobby. Like this afternoon when I wanted to see how the light coming in the front window would work for portrait shots. I don't think we'll be visiting a portrait studio anytime soon - I'm having too much fun. What scares me, what I don't want to admit most of the time is that I'm starting to dream of a day when maybe I do this for real...maybe one day.
3 comments:
You are amazing at your "hobby" :) We have a nice camera, and 2 lenses for it, but I am so bad and use the Automatic setting for everything! I wish I was better! If I lived closer, I'd pay you to take pics of our family!
Oh, have you been to Town Square? It is an outdoor mall a few miles from the strip. They have a fun play place, like playhouses and such. It's cute. They even have a splash pad in the summer :) It might be a fun place to take some pics of the kids too...and they have a big grassy area that would be fun too!
Cassi - thank you for the sweet compliment. I can't believe you think you are bad though, I love your pictures! You have an eye for composition that's for sure. We haven't checked out Town Square yet, we'll have to remember that and splash pads are always a hit in the summer here!
Post a Comment