Monday, March 2, 2009
It's Croup?
Noah and I finally went to the ER - the nurse called back and said he should be seen with that high of a fever. I was thankful to have reassurance even if it turned out just to be a virus. Well, thankfully we have awesome friends here in NE - do I say that enough? No I am sure that I do not, but we really do. I left Josh with Ken and Alexis again - I feel like such a burden on them though they have never made me feel that way, it's totally self-induced. Noah was so good at the ER - he was still running very hot at 102.8 when we got there, he sat with me and rocked, then when the doctor came in opened his mouth big even when they swabbed his throat for a strep test. After she was done Noah said "I don't like that." The strep test was negative thankfully, his eyes were quite red though and I was told he has croup. It totally surprised me, he's only coughed 4 times today total - that's it. I expected with croup it would be much worse - hopefully it won't get worse but I am not holding my breath. Before we left his fever had broken and he was only 100.5! On the way home he was chatting away and saying he was hungry and wanted a drink and to eat food. He seems okay, we'll do a steam shower tonight before bed and have a humidifer going all night for him. Noah will still go and play tomorrow with Josette and Zach - I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I don't need to cancel/reschedule Josh's surgery tomorrow. We are praying that Noah doesn't share his germs! We are off to finish dinner and relax though for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad Noah is seeming to feel better. I hope all goes well with Josh's surgery tomorrow!
Post a Comment