Before surgery pictures
Just a quick update - I am tired sorry! - on today's events. Josh is doing fine, he is resting again for the evening. His surgery went well, there was a hernia in addition to the hydrocele that needed to be repaired (in the same location) and they were able to take care of that as well. I was not surprised as it seemed that the area was firmer and a bit different in color last night. Josh was not happy this morning, he wanted to eat and kept bringing me things or pointing to where he knew food was and signing please - so it was a rough start but by the time we got to the hospital he was doing better. Around lunch time he was more upset again but finally drifted off to sleep for a little bit. He had fun playing peek-a-boo and ball with Mommy and flirting with all the nurses who came by, who of course dotted on him! The surgery went without complications but recovery was a little rougher because he is getting a cold and the sleepy drugs brought all the junk out. Josh ended up having breathing treatments while in recovery and before we left I was warned that he sounded like he was getting a bad cough, it sounds more like croup to me than Noah did yesterday. I have a feeling we will be back at the ped's office tomorrow because he sounds like a barking seal this evening. I switched the humidifer to Josh's room for the night and am contemplating putting the pack and play up in my room just to keep an eye on him. But from surgery he is doing awesome, he'll have some swelling and possibly bruising and is on tylenol every 4 hours for the next 48 hours. Thanks for all the prayers!
After surgery pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment