Monday, March 9, 2009

Just A Little More Drama...

I am way over the drama, but it doesn't seem to be over us yet so we are trudging along through it. Last night we had a minor scare with the little pumpkin that is baking - a little spotting and I had a very bad back ache. I haven't had this with either of the boys and was quite freaked out by it to say the least. A call to a friend, the OB, and mom helped relieve some of the anxiety certainly. Sara didn't even wait, I called and she was over here immediately. It was nice to have someone here with me, she was so helpful just reassuring me and picking up so I would actually sit down and keep my feet up. I called Alexis as well, knowing I would need someone to watch the boys in the morning - the OB wanted to see me in the morning. She did not seem overly concerned last night on the phone but said that yes I needed to come in so everything could be checked out. This morning I was able to be seen and saw the little pumpkin, who is doing fine and growing on schedule. What a relief! The spotting and cramping also had a cause, there was premature separation of the placenta and the uterus wall; something that she said was not uncommon at all. There is a small clot that must now work itself out, which means there will probably be some more cramping and bleeding. The good news is that the placenta had reattached well to the uterus. This does of course increase odds for a miscarriage slightly, but so slightly that the OB wasn't concerned. I will be back in 2 weeks for my normal appointment and will have another ultrasound, she will continue to keep an eye on the clot until it clears itself up. Sara was able to go with me and Alexis watched the boys, then we all went out for some lunch. The boys and I came home for naps after that. I will just be taking it easy this week with the cramps coming and going but I am sure all will be fine. On two side notes, this little pumpkin was moving all around and very active with a strong heart beat of 162, so that was very reassuring. I also have now officially lost weight since starting this pregnancy, not much maybe half a pound and well of course that isn't a concern at all at this point since there was some room to spare to start with.

Two other notes though on the boys who are getting so big so fast. I really can't believe how much Josh seems to understand lately. On top of just being able to follow a simple direction like go get your shoes or get a dinosaur he aslo started folding his hands together when we pray before meals. It is so sweet, I noticed on Friday or Saturday but at first thought it was just a coincidence - but he has done it since then at every meal. It is so sweet and encouraging. Noah is also continuing to learn lots and lots. He is such a big helper, he will get shoes for us as we get ready, and lately has been very kind to Josh and Mommy and will get toys to share with Josh or Josh's dog from the other room if Josh is upset. This morning as we were getting ready, the coats were all on the floor waiting for us to get on. I was getting socks, shoes and a coat on Josh and Noah picked up his coat and put it completely on by himself. He has been able to put one arm in it for a few weeks very successfully but now can get it on all by himself. He's almost gotten his shirts on by himself too, but still needs some help with those. I can't believe how independent they are both getting, but am glad we are still needed!

I will try and take pictures later in the week, this evening I think we will relax and watch too much tv and let the boys play since the cramps have kicked back in for me - not much to do but take it easy. The boys are so great about playing together though, it makes that much easier. Tomorrow we have MOPS and then will head to the grocery store for restocking the pantry and fridge since we did not go last week - almost 2 weeks makes things slightly bare (only slightly though)

No comments: