We have been busy and not terribly busy, but it has just been a full week since last Thursday. Today Josh had a follow up with the ped. doctor for his double ear infection he had in Feb. His ears looked great, I asked about the lab results for the allergy test, just hoping they would tell me if they were in or not. They were in, I don't know the full results and we saw a doctor who I like but we haven't seen often so doesn't know the full history of course. So the two that came up today he mentioned are cats and soybeans. I have a MILLION questions - here are just a few...hopefully I will get a chance to talk to the allergist tomorrow, we left a note as we were leaving (we pass the allergy/immunization clinic on the way out) since he was not in today...
- should we avoid all legumes? this would include peanuts, peas, green beans
-does MSG cause a problem, reading some websites (webmd for one) it mentions that MSG is often something that reacts - not sure the make up of it but should this also be avoided?
-will repeated exsposure increase the severeity of reactions?
-could it become severe?
-will it be something he outgrows - lots of places say by 2 or 4?
-has it contributed to his sickness? does it weaken his immune system since he has been exposed?
-can soy oil/lecithin be tolerated??
-could any of the shots he needs to get for vaccines be a problem?
-are there medications that we need to avoid (even over teh counter)?
-what was teh level of the reaction? can you help me understand the ranking for the test and how his levels are in comparison to this?
-is this something that is/can be hereditary? are there things that I should be avoiding now being pregnant and while breastfeeding now that there is one family member with the allergy? should I discuss this with my OB?? Is there someone on base to discuss tehse concerns with (HAWC possibly?)
-what kind of sun screen should we use? can you suggest one that will not react/interfere or worsen his eczema? certain ingredients to avoid?
- are food dyes going to cause an issue?
- a 2005 FDA warning stated taht protopic and elidal should be avoided/used very sparingly because of an increased chance of cancer and that they were not approved for under 2 - does this still hold true today since Josh has had both of these prescribed to him and currently using 1?
- as far as dining out and traveling - what can we do to ensure he eats safely? are there list of foods/ingredients that may be something that contains soy but not just simply soy ? where do we get this list from?
-are there additional references/materials that would be helpful to us in this journey?
- is dairy on there at all?
- as far as ensuring he gets adequate nutrition and a balanced diet - what do we need to do, avoid, increase? what if we have additional questions regarding finding a balanced/soyfree diet for him, is there a resource that is available to us for that information if we find we are struggling?
-for his age- his weight seems low - has this caused part of the problem? or is it part of the problem rather, is this to be a concern right now??
did I miss anything?? I am not sure we'll be able to go over all these questions with a phone call, but i hope to get a start on them tomorrow. I just feel we need to be as informed as possible to hopefully help Joshua feel better and quickly. If there is something that we can do, Mike and I both agree we will do it, we want to see him have relief!
on a side note - there are pictures from today in the March Week 2 - it is now going to be March Week 2 & 3 apparently on Kodak!
No comments:
Post a Comment