Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy days

I can't believe I haven't posted since Saturday...where did the time go? Sunday we opted out of doing nothing, lol, and had lunch with some friends from church. The church picnic was suppose to be in the evening but they canceled it because it was suppose to have severe weather. Well, the wind was definitely severe, part of our fence (the part we share with our neighbors) fell down Sunday night! Yikes. Discussion of when to fix it completely since it Mike won't be able to fix it in June, the weather was suppose to be yucky and rainy and well we've just been busy was thorough, and at first Mike wanted to fix it this week, but we decided to just put a temporary support to what is there and wait til July sometime to get it redone. So that is that - for now it will be up hopefully with a little extra support and stay that way until we can get it done.

We have gone for several walks, Kasey is getting better in some regards with her leash. She walks fine now, she has the concept of coming with us. Now though we may have to break out the leader - she's pulling now! Oh well, we have enjoyed several good walks. She is also getting so very close to being house broken. She is lacking in complete bladder control it seems, when she's excited or getting to the door and while we put her leash on going a little. Oh well, at least it is progress and she's improving. She continues to do great with the boys, that is so wonderful. Noah likes to rough house with her, we are discouraging this right now, he's too little to understand when enough is enough for her and how to really be gentle while rough housing. Despite our discouragement sometimes it happens and I'm so impressed with how she reacts, she'll either walk away or give him kisses. She's also a very bright girl, she's going to need lots of interaction and challenges as she grows. I wonder if this is going to make it easier or more difficult to train her, but we'll see. We start puppy classes soon. I think she's growing, no definite reasons, just that she seems taller.

Yesterday we went to the zoo for park hoppers (our MOPS group does this during the summer). It was just Sara & Ethan, and Michelle & Lex and me and the boys but we had a great day! We didn't leave until 230ish I think and were there at 10:30. Let me tell you too, walking around with a double stroller for four hours is a workout! I took the camera, stupid batteries though I swear the camera eats them, mine died. Sara had her camera and took lots of great pictures that I'm sure I'll get and then I'll post them. The new butterfly exhibit was very nice, a butterfly landed on Josh but we missed getting a picture, oh well another time. I was impressed with Noah's listening at the zoo, for the most part he walked with Lex and they would go running but when I said stop,he'd stop. He stayed close and didn't get upset when it was time to go somewhere else. I still get nervous with him not being right with me, he likes his growing freedom, and within reason I want him to have it but I'm still nervous. After the zoo we had just a bit of time to kill before getting Mike, one of those not enough to go home, unpack the boys, repack the boys and go again (would have only left us 5 minutes to relax at home) so we went to the library on base. Noah really is starting to enjoy picking out stories for bed time and other times during the day and will choose different stories so I was hoping he would enjoy picking them out with me. He liked being at the library but I'm not sure he had had enough nap to make it fun for him. He has enjoyed reading the four stories we picked out though, we got one with a train, a Curious George book, a Harry Scary book (the ones about what people in towns do), and one about a bug called the B-52 Cockroach and how it learned to fly (definitley named after the B-52 but an odd story with little to do with the real B52s which I had hoped it would, oh well). After that we were all home and went for a long walk. Noah usually likes to walk so we took the single stroller, after awhile he wanted to ride and climbed in the basket of the stroller. I really wished we had a camera with batteries it was way too funny. So apparently we dont' have to have the double stroller for both boys to ride.

Today I had a doctor appointment to follow up from surgery. I had several concerns, first the infection and incesion spot and second my moods (poor Mike!, I have had the worst mood swings the last month and a half and haven't been myself at all, just irritable and disconnected, and a short fuse). Anyway, the spot that was infected and had to be opened is healing great, it's starting to close and is closing from the inside out and instead of the way it healed the first time which is why it got infected probably (no I don't have diabates Mom, no need to worry). They switched some of my medicine too so hopefully the mood swings should become less dramatic, which is wonderful news.

After that I had the boys and Simon and Mike went back to work for a bit and then helped Alexis and Ken move tonight. I think we all worked super hard tonight, poor Alexis must be exhuasted (remember she's pregnant) and I'm sure with all the lifting and hauling Mike and Ken are also exhuasted. I hate to say that I am too, but Josh fussed for an hour or so, then Simon and Noah were just busy and a bit of a handful, I don't think either got a good nap since Alexis had Noah while I was at the doctor and of course I made dinner but decided to grill and the boys wanted to be outside and I wasn't comfortable with the flames from the charcoal starter...but we all survived in one piece and I think most of the heavy lifting and moving was done tonight which is great! I promise I'll try and get pictures posted this weekend, I'll have to take some more too, I would say I've slacked off but since there are 300 or some for May I guess it's okay that there weren't a billion taken this week, huh?

Tomorrow is cleaning day here, laundry and floors that need some TLC desperately and chairs (who knew 2 year olds could get a dining room chair so absolute gross even with wiping them down after every meal...really where does that come from? but it does!) Mike & I also have a date night planned...so very excited, it will be nice to have some uninterupted conversation and dinner without cutting someone else's food or holding and/or feeding someone. Not sure what we're doing yet but I dont' think it matters at this point, just will be wonderful to have some us time!

No comments: