Sunday, May 11, 2008

Growing up is hard (at least it is on me!)

So today in church I almost was in tears...just thinking about how quickly these past two years have flown by, thinking of holding little tiny Noah in my arms and just staring amazed at the blessing God gave Mike & I at the hospital. Okay, really I know I'm a huge sap, I can't help it! I absolutely love how much fun Noah is at this age though, he's such a funny kid. He's adventuresome and outgoing, then suddenly shy when attention is on him. He loves to go, go shopping or to the park or wherever, just go! He has quite a little arm on him, too, as well as loving to bat. His words are becoming more and more each day. So Happy Birthday Noah! We spent the day trying to do things we thought he would enjoy, so we started the day with chocolate chip pancakes, of course before we headed to church.After church we thought we would take Noah to lunch, somewhere he wanted to go. He's still not quite a well vocalized individual of course so we guessed - McDonald's was the winner. He loves fries and nuggets and there is minimal wait time so it's pretty kid friendly (plus it's in Walmart and we needed diapers!)

After we got home, Noah took a nap of course (this is best for us all). Mike spent time working on the deck. I was hoping to get the house cleaned again because we're having our MOPS end of the year thing tomorrow night here...but Josh had other plans for me which included me feeding him almost constantly and walking around the house! Ah, we had been trying baby food with little success, but honestly I don't know how much more I can take of this without some other food! Tonight though we had some success! FINALLY! Josh has hated all cereal of any kind, he is not apparently a fan of butternut squash yet either but carrots were a great hit! Suddenly he is trying to grab the spoon to help and then was crying because I didn't have more in the bowl to give him, we got some more and he continued to eat. I think he ate about 2 1/2 or 3 oz.

Oh and one more sign of them growing up, Noah's teeth must have really been hurting him. After getting him to bed and Josh to bed (at least for a bit until he decides he's starving again) Noah was really fussy, I went in and he was kind of smacking at his cheeks saying "ow" After a little tylenol and getting him resettled in and covered up, he looked at me, pointed to his door and said, "door, go" I asked him if he was ready for me to go and he nodded. Not another peep. What a big boy! I'm going to try and help Mike with the deck for a bit more now though...good night, enjoy the pictures!

No comments: