Saturday, May 10, 2008

Noah's Party

Wow! What a great time we had today for Noah's party. It was very wet outside so we couldn't go out and play like we were hoping but there was a lull so we were able to grill at least. The BBQ chicken was so yummy, I have been wanting something from the grill for a while and it totally hit the spot! The kids played so well, it's impressive when you conisder they are 2! We had the house set up right around 11 - our decorations included the play rug that normally is downstairs coming upstairs and we hung a little game on the wall that was from Valentine's Day - no sign of Valentine's theme, just "Cars". Everyone played until it was time to eat and then we had lunch, I kind of missed that part so I guess it went smoothly since I didn't hear any screaming from Josh & I's spot in the nursery (that kid has a thing about knowing when it's time for a meal and always wants to be part of it!). Then we did a quick clean up and it was time to open presents. Goodness, Noah got so many gifts! He was definitely into opening his presents too, I think 2 must be the age that they "get it" After presents it was time for cake and ice cream and then our party was over...it was time for naps (I think for all the guests actually!) So once everyone had left and we did a little more cleaning up, Noah got down for a nap and Josh followed, which meant that Mike & I were able to grab a nap too which was great since Josh was up late last night.

After our nap we tried to get everything put together for Noah before he got up, but it didn't happen. He woke up though and was so excited to play with his trains and cars. The Geotrax has already gotten lots of play time and so has the garage and the Smartville train set. We have lots of things to play with outside too, so we'll get to those once it is nice out again. It was such a great time, we had so many friends here to help us celebrate Noah's birthday. We'll have pictures posted soon!

No comments: