Well it has been just a rollercoaster of a weekend I must say. Friday night came and went with a blur it seemed. Saturday Josh didn't sleep well that night and was up early in the morning. It wasn't the worst start to a day I suppose and I was able to get some things done around the house that really needed done, rain plus a 2 year old plus a puppy had made for one dirty nasty kitchen floor - eww I was so glad to have it mopped. The vacuum got run, the boys ready for the day and lunch made so that I could go and get the sitter, who was great with Simon and Noah. We had a bit of a rough start to Noah's time with Simon though when they first got here, Noah was not sharing and was a little pushy. We are starting time outs (okay really, I want to know what Mike was thinking when we decided to start them now...this isn't fun to do alone) anyway he did alright after a timeout, we'll see how it goes the hardest part is the consistency thing of course.
Alexis's shower was so nice, Sara did a great job with the shower. The food was yummy, the decorations so pretty, and the games new (which was quite a feat I think with how many showers there have been around here recently). Josh went with me to the shower and did well playing on the floor and eventually passing out. After the shower it was home and to take the sitter home, the boys both were asleep so I put them in bed and got the front yard mowed and the side. It was perfect timing to get that done and get cleaned up again since we had plans for dinner and some shopping. Alexis and I were planning a relaxing evening - hahaha, not that it happened. We wanted to Texas Roadhouse, we got there at 530 and it was an hour and a half wait already, yeah not happening with 3 little boys! So off to the mall we went to grab dinner and do our shopping. Noah wanted to play on this play equipment set up for display in the middle and almost had a serious fit, then he wanted to drink like a big boy and drenched himself with his drink, was upset about a wet shirt so that just came off, then he bit Alexis! Are you kidding? UGH! So it wasn't starting out to be super relaxing at all. Josh also grabbed a piece of brocolli from my plate and almost choked on it...I couldn't believe all the junk!
So we shopped in somewhat of piece considering we had 3 little boys and it was getting a little late. So we got home late, eventually the boys got to bed and Kasey got calmed down but boy what a day - complete rollercoaster because it was so relaxed and productive in the morning and just crazy in the afternoon. I did find a couple hats for Noah and Josh, Mike will hate them I'm sure but they needed some floppy hats for the sun, especially with Josh's skin the way it is. 
Today has been church, a quick errand and lunch with some friends at Red Robin. Noah was again busy but stayed put at the table without running off and didn't yell or scream. He did get a little excited and loud when there was soccer on the TV...the boy loves all sports, but lately seems so excited about soccer and golf. Home again with two boys sleeping so the back yard got mowed and I'm going to relax for a bit until our meeting tonight at 5. Speaking of 5, its getting close and I need to get some stuff packed for the boys so we can leave on time. Enjoy the pictures and check out the others on Kodak. Oh yeah - and so Kasey made her way onto the futon last week, this morning I turn around from getting Josh's breakfast ready to hear Noah talking loudly and excitedly to Kasey - yeah look what she can do now...so of course I told her off and we're not encouraging it but it was too funny not to get a picture of =)
1 comment:
Braylen is also pushy with Tucker & doesn't want to share sometimes & Tucker is around all the time. It's totally an age thing. We do time out now too & I call it the corner even though he is sitting on the steps. Now if he starts to get pushy or doesnt want to share, I threaten the corner & it's "no, no corner" & he's nice again. If he does go to the corner he wants a hug right away to make sure I'm not still mad at him! This age is fun.
Post a Comment