Thursday, June 12, 2008

so it's been awhile....

So I'm having a hard time believing that I haven't posted since Saturday! Sorry! I'm going to try and give you a quick run down on our week, but I'm sure that I'm going to forget things because it's been a busy, crazy week it seems and there really isn't enough time in days. Sunday was a pretty normal day, we went to church and then did something, though honestly we're having trouble remembering what that was now. Sad, I know. Monday through Wed. Mike was busy at work and the boys and I kept pretty busy doing things around the house and running errands. Monday we spent getting things done around town and playing at the learning center. We had lunch with Mike which was really nice and then the boys came home to nap and relax some while I worked on getting details worked out for various other things. Tuesday we stayed home for the day, again working on more projects and getting things cleaned and straightened and playing lots. Tuesday night I met with some of the other teachers for VBS and the boys and Kasey all went for a walk. Wednesday during the day we baked all day and tried to clean some more (really it's a hard thing to get anything done other than feeding and playing with these two most days). Wed. night Alexis and Simon came over and had dinner with us, Noah was in the worst mood when they got here, he wasn't being a very good friend and I was a little worried that we would skip our puppy class, I didn't want Alexis to have to deal with his bad mood. He cheered up after dinner though (imagine that, just like his daddy, a little food and all is right in his world again!) so we did go to puppy class. Kasey got sit almost immediately, we'll keep working but she really digs getting treats and catches on very quick to most commands we've given her. Puppy class was cut short because we had more tornado warnings...this time we came home and hung out in the basement for a bit and then we hung out more in the laundry room - yup it was that serious folks. The sky was getting dark and weird colors and things were starting to move quickly, so we got all 3 boys in the laundry room, Alexis and I in there and Mike and Kasey. I was super impressed with Noah & Simon who both were up past thier bed times and in a confined space because they were troopers. Eventually Kasey calmed down and settled off to sleep and that helped a lot. Today we spent getting things ready and more cleaning and more errands.


We went to Build-A-Bear Workshop and Mike & Noah made a teddy bear together, his name is Nemo (yeah what else would we call him?) They had a good time making Nemo. There's a special message recorded for Noah too. After that we grabbed lunch, went to a fabric store (no laughing please, I'm going to try my hand at a project, we'll see if it turns out). Then it was off to Target where we got everything we needed except of course a weather radio - after the weather we have had lately I'm not surprised and made my mom promise to look for one for me and I'd send her a check...cause really Saturday night we slept through sirens - that is NOT good at all! This afternoon there were more things on the to-do list that had to get done and Josh had his well baby appointment (I'll post all the stats tomorrow since that will really be his day) which went great. Tonight we had a delicious dinner, went for a long walk (someone Mike worked with asked us if we lived close by as he was mowing his yard...no not really we just take super long walks to wear our puppy out!). I finally have Father's Day cards ready to mail, my apologies that they will probably will be late, it seems that we've had too much horrible weather that has required hiding in our basement to get much done after what should be little boys' bed times. So that should catch you up and I promise to try and be more regular with posting again at least the next few weeks for sure! It is getting late but I want to share a few pictures from us hiding in the laundry room (again, I don't like that this is becoming a habit!) and some from the bear building today, because yes of course I took my camera with us!).

Oh - and Josh is officially eating "finger foods" well kindof, sortof I suppose. We bought some of those Gerber puffs the last time we were at the grocery store, he's had them on his high chair tray a couple times, but today Mike tells me they are missing. LOL - yep missing, guess there were 8 or so on there and when Mike got back to Josh from doing breakfast or something there were only 3. Mike said he wasn't sure where they had disappeared to or if Josh really ate them. Tonight we had him in his high chair while we ate dinner and had some more there, he really is loving to bang on all things latey and the puffs bouncing around seem to entertain him. Well sure enough he grabs them with a pincer grab and puts them in his mouth! I feel like he is growing up suddenly way too quick. I talked to Sara today who said someone told her this past week to enjoy your babies because they grow up too fast, especially the second ones because they are busy trying to be like their older siblings. I am enjoying Josh but sometimes I feel it is going way, way too fast! Though I will tell you one bit from his appointment today, you fill out a 4 page report on their progress, milestones and such to check off, one that I could not check off was rolling from back to tummy. Joshua doesn't do it, he refuses. We try to get him to with toys and such but he has no part and if he can't reach it just turns his attention elsewhere. So the doctor was talking about his report and saying he had no concerns with his progress and I asked about the rolling thing. Mike and I both agree we feel like Josh could, like he has the strength but he doesn't want to and Joshua is a STUBBORN little boy who seems to do things on his terms and timetable (no I don't know anyone who could have gotten that from!). His doctor looked at me and smiled, saying that he wasn't worried because honestly he was sitting up like a pro and had plenty of strength and control and the ability to twist around and such and it could be that he didn't want to but we shouldn't worry about it. I said I wasn't really worried about that, but the fact that without being on his belly for long periods that he'd never crawl. His doctor said he might not, he might just go straight to walking...umm what? I think that is crazy, but honestly when Josh is on his belly he screams like he's being beaten until he rolls over or we can't take it anymore and roll him over. He's happy as a clam sitting up and pretty content for awhile on his back. Honestly though that just seems so strange to me, though I guess it's not.

No comments: