So Addison had a follow-up ENT appointment this morning. We scheduled it 2 weeks ago after going in for the 3rd time since mid-December since she had nasty junk coming out of her ear! Well this week she's been very snotty and dealing with a runny nose. Poor girl! Mike and I had talked about how it seemed that something needed to be done/changed to give her some relief. The fluid in her ears is of course a major concern. Any fluid in your ears is going to affect your hearing, and she already has hearing loss we don't want to add to it! Her tubes have been in since 7 weeks, so of course we know they are itty bitty. We wondered if she needed bigger ones. Well this morning Addison's runny nose turned into the thick, nasty, infection kind of runny nose! Glad we had an appointment.
The doctor went back to read through her charts, asked about her breathing - yes she snores all the tiem, she does breath through her mouth often even without a runny nose. We counted all the upper respitory and ear infections she's had in the last 16 months - yes we are at 7 ear infections and probably 3 - 5 more upper respitory infections. The doctor then asked about taking out her adenoids. He said that the tubes are small, but there's not a huge difference in sizes and so he doesn't think that alone is contributing to the constant struggle. The adenoids are pretty much blocking drainage, even though there are tubes in the ear to help, once they get past there it's like a road block and there's no where for them to go. He explained the surgery, it will be out patient (I'm glad, Noah's was but I wasn't sure since Addy is so much younger). I feel like we need to do something to help her, she can't keep feeling like this so she's evening the score, all 3 kids will soon have had 2 surgeries a piece! Yikes, it probably is a bit sad that when I called to mention it to my mom I said "it's not a big deal, just wanted to let you know that Addy is having surgery." Pretty sure when you're a mommy to 3 under 5 it shouldn't be that common place - but this is the road we're on! Now to just try and figure out the scheduling of it between her MRI and CT scan on the 23rd, my surgery the 18th, and the neurology follow-up on March 2nd. I am not willing to change any of those appointments, I have to get this gall bladder out so I can feel better consistently and we need the test and follow-up so we know some more about what Addy needs long term, etc. The ENT wants to hopefully have it done in the next couple weeks though. Who knew your schedule could be so complicated at 16 months?
No comments:
Post a Comment