Sunday, February 20, 2011
Making things complicated
Yeah, that's the story of our life right? We never tend to do things the easy way - guess it shouldn't be a surprise that my surgery wasn't any different. It should have been an hour at most, just quick laproscoptic removal of the gall bladder. The good news is that my gall bladder came out without an issue. The complicated part - I now have a mini golf course all over my stomach...you know 18 holes. Yeah, 18 - sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? There were 4 to start with, but then they discovered a hernia (most likely from when they removed my ovary...it just split guess about 1 out of 3 typically does and that was #3 for me). Anyway, guess it was substantial size and so there needed to be a fairly large patch of mesh to fix it, that mesh is stitched in 10 different places all the way from inside my stomach to the outside plus there was another 4 holes made to get a better view of everything. Oh fun times! I ended up spending the night at the hospital just because of pain...the incisions cover my whole stomach, I joked with Kristin that it looked like a very bad, DIY CSI crime scene attempt. I was able to come home yesterday thankfully, just painful to move much now and I guess the recovery is expected to be a little longer. Thank goodness for Kristin who kept our 3 kids, plus her own for the WHOLE day! Now I'm trying to rest and heal - which is easier thanks to sunshine meals from the ladies at MOPS and good friends around and of course Mike being home. I need to get well though, Josh has an appointment for ENT on Monday to likely discuss his adenoids coming out, Addy has her MRI/CT on Wed., Friday is her surgery, and Thursday we have her IFSP. Fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh goodness! Prayers for a quick and pain free recovery!
Post a Comment