Yesterday was Noah's last day for speech! We are so proud of him because he's worked really hard and made great progress. He still needs to practice his "words" as he says but he can make the sounds that he should be able to make at this stage of life. His speech teacher and I discussed it, she wanted to make sure we were comfortable with him finishing but felt she wasn't able to offer a skilled service right now, he just needs occassional reminders - Mike & I both felt that was best. He got a certificate and was so excited for his "congratulations card" from speech! Addison is done for now - she will most likely be having more sessions but for now she's using more words (we're up to about 15 vocalizations for specific words) and is using much more inflection when she talks. There will be a lot going in her life the next couple weeks, too so it is a good time for a break. We're really just going to see how she progresses on her own since she is catching on so well. If we feel it's time to go back all we'll have to do is call and make her appointment.
The kids and I also did a mini photo shoot of sorts yesterday morning. I wanted to see how the light would be by the big living room window. I'm not super thrilled with all the pictures but I don't get in pictures too often and figured I should keep some with me in them. The light is okay, I should have moved our little table a bit away and had the camera in front of the window more and us facing the window more. I think that would have helped, we'll have to try it that way later. I also should have had the F-stop up a bit, it was at 3.5 and there are too many of us not all lined up for everything to be in focus as much as I would have liked. But - we're all in some of them and it was fun so I'll take it. I'm really beginning to enjoy the experimentation a lot and not using the automatic settings much at all...Mike says it will be interesting to see where this goes in 10 years, guess we'll see.






No comments:
Post a Comment