So Josh has only been getting up to eat once a night now fairly regularly now for the last week or so. You would think that means more sleep for us right? Nope, because after he is up about 1 to eat, he gets himself out of his swaddle and freaks out and wakes up, isn't able to get himself back to sleep until you reswaddle him and then in just a minute or two he's back to sleep. Not so bad, but it had been every 45 - 70 minutes. ARGH! So finally yesterday, out of desperation for sleep, I headed to Babies-R-Us for a "swaddle me" blanket, it is prefolded etc. sack like blanket with strong velcro. Whoo-hoo! Josh went to sleep about 8, we stayed up late working on random stuff (Mike has the deck plans almost done!) So at 11 we got him up to eat, then put him back to bed. I think we were asleep by 1140 at the latest and imagine my GREAT surprise when at 5 we hear him crying! Seriously 5 hours of sleep is so huge right now, I was ready to be awake and ready for the day at 5 but decided to try and get some extra rest since he went back to sleep. He's still asleep, too. I think I would have paid much more than that for that blanket thing at this point since it's been well 4 months about since I've had that much sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment