Monday, April 14, 2008

Josh is 4 months old, 4 kids nap at once and other cool things that happened this weekend




Well first of course is that Joshu turned 4 months old yesterday! Can you believe it? We can't, last night I kept thinking 1/3 of his first year are now done...how did that happen? I'm still so very grateful that I can stay home with the boys, I love being home with them and getting to see so many of the things they do day to day first hand. Josh is grabbing at toys lately, especially in the exersaucer while he plays there. He is getting SO big too! You wouldn't believe that he came home from the hospital at 6 pounds. I also think he continues to look more and more like Mike everyday, and I tell you he loves his daddy and will stare and stare at Mike with great big smiles. Though, honestly Noah is the one who gets the best smiles out of Josh most of the time all Noah has to do is look at Josh and say something and Josh breaks out into a huge smile. Josh also seems to be sleeping better consistently at night - which is SOO nice!





So Saturday, I had a baby shower. Alexis came over with Ken and Simon who hung out with the boys and Elora who we were watching while Alexis and I went to the shower. I was worried about fussy kids and nap times, and thinking getting back from the shower wouldn't be much fun since all the kids would probably be getting tired but having a hard time napping. Okay, we come in from the shower and get sshed...no kidding. Alexis and I were both like what? Ken & Mike calmly announced that all 4 kids were napping! Before there was time for a kid to wake up...we quickly made an exit and went shopping. Ha, I haven't been that spontanious in a very long time. I still had only found just one shirt and my others were just getting too worn out. I must say Alexis was a great friend to shop with...and I now have at least 1 shirt for each day of the week at least. We got home and the kids were up and playing and happy. I think we were both very appreciative of our sweet husbands. Of course, after that we stayed with the kids and the guys went to do stuff in the garage. I also had to make a cake for Mike because I felt so guilty about the fact that at the shower we had chocolate cake with peanutbutter frosting...really! Mike was in shock and didn't think it was a common thing at all to have this cake, so we had some with dinner too.
Sunday was church and a quick lunch and some errands to come home and put Noah down for his nap and Josh down for his nap and then chores around the house. Mike finished installing the shelves that he built for me downstairs! I am absolutely thrilled to death with them...they look awesome and are perfect for my craft stuff. Now I will just need to work on getting them organized a bit better and in a way that is a bit more attractive. But it is so nice to be able to work on stuff and leave it out if I want, close the gate at the top of the stairs to keep little fingers away from it! I was playing last night, which is why Josh's picture didn't get posted or emailed until today. So...it was a wonderful weekend, I think a very good weekend to be me...I am still trying to not feel so guilty about having some clothes and having some space for me....but it's hard, despite it being hard not to feel guilty though I think I'll enjoy them!

No comments: