Friday, April 11, 2008

just a little of what we've been doing...

We haven't been up to a whole lot it seems the last couple of days. Little sleep tends to do that to families I think =) Though yesterday, Noah really enjoyed water painting, he was very into it and did 3 pages of painting (for those who think that doesn't sound like a lot - you must not live with a 2 year old!) Can you believe that today he is 23 months old?? What is that? Where is time going? It is going fast. I have pictures, but they aren't on the computer so you'll have to wait for some new ones. Noah continues to surprise us with words, we'll be sitting and talking or playing or watching TV and suddenly he says something we understand. Grant it, his new words are not well pronounced by adult standards, but they are understandable. He has a couple phrases he uses regularly too, lately he likes to say "close door." Yesterday was when he really surprised us while watching Mickey Mouse Club House, they were introducing the characters, and Daisy was next, her picture came on and he said "daisy." Haven't heard it since but it was definitely Daisy. We are also "mooing" now for cows.
Joshua seems to think that he should be in another growth spurt I believe, I cannot believe how quickly he is growing! I feel like all he does is eat but really he is starting to play some too. He likes his exersaucer still and he also enjoys making the cow sing on his chair when he pulls on the handle that hangs down. He is quite the talker, but only it seems when he wants to talk, because sometimes no matter how silly we get or how much we talk to him he doesn't really give us much but a look...but other times we just glance at him and he's jabbering up a storm. He also is getting more tolerant still of tummy time. He's growing stronger and stronger. Joshua is moving in his crib at night, must be having some good or exciting dreams! This morning, I woke up (Mike had to be at work a little before 6 - yuck!, but I suppose at least he got to sleep last night and not be up every hour and a half so I suppose its a pretty fair trade) to what I thought was Josh starting to fuss, I think I closed my eyes praying it would stop so I could sleep, then I heard what I thought was Noah because it sounded like kicking (Noah does this to his wall when he wakes up if we don't get him quickly enough). The kicking was pretty soft though...I thought it was very odd, but I still heard Josh so I decided I would check on him first and then get Noah since he wasn't crying or yelling. Oh, it wasn't Noah kicking, it was Josh who had turned himself around so his feet were at the side of the crib - he was kicking it!
That really is probably about it for us, we have a friend of Noah's coming over for the day tomorrow, I have another baby shower (yep another one, I told you it's in the water here, don't drink it if you visit and don't want a baby!), and I think we'll try to get out after that with the kids to do some playing and running around. I finally finished up our family magnets too tonight, I have only had this in my head since Sept. to get finished, but they are done - the magnets are drying on the back of the tiles. I hope Noah likes them as much as he likes the clothes-pen letters. They aren't fancy, just some small tiles with magnets on them and on the front decoupaged tissue paper and pictures of our family that is far away. Hopefully this will help Noah and Josh learn the faces at least of all the family we talk about all the time. Hope you guys all have a great weekend!

No comments: