Well I'm sure that I will forget many things that happened this weekend as it was "busy" in some sense but also I didn't do much but rest. Grandma Taitt left very early this morning, I think Noah already misses her. Noah and Josh had a great time being with their grandma, and I'm sure are a bit more spoiled after her being here (that's what grandmas are for though!). Noah enjoyed some time out with Grandma, they ran some errands to the store a couple of times, and somehow managed to come home with new things - imagine that? Grandma let Noah help pick out a toy for Josh at Walmart...apparently Noah was very opinionated as to which toy he wanted to get for Josh, saying no to several toys and then holding a couple of toys and staring at them pretty intently before deciding on one. Noah also had an opinion about which flowers to bring home for Mommy - they are quite pretty the ones he chose.
Noah's train table is also finished and upstairs, an early birthday present. He is enjoying it more than words could tell you - Daddy did a great job on it. Of course, Noah's favorite game to play with cars is "crash" and almost everyone has had a chance to play crash on the new table already. Noah also has a bubble machine to enjoy on some warm days this summer, though it was windy Saturday he and Grandma enjoyed playing with the bubbles while Mike and some friends worked in the backyard taking down the deck and digging out for the patio.
Josh continues to be more alert every day and really seems to enjoy laughing - he's quite tickilish under the arms and on his ribs. I think he may be discovering his feet too, he will get them raised up and stare at them as he moves them about. I still think his favorite thing is Noah, who today moved Josh in his rocking chair in front of the oven so they could make faces it seemed in to the door of the oven. Noah thinks this is great fun and I guess wanted Josh to join in the fun. Cereal seems to still be something odd for Joshua - he doesn't scream in protest and does watch the spoon some but still hasn't quite gotten down the eating from a spoon. We'll keep trying though.
Plans today include more resting for me (ugh - I'm tired of needing to rest already!), naps for the boys, and some more work outside for Mike as me and the kids allow - picking up and bending down are still a bit touchy and painful for me...but otherwise he wants to get started on replacing some more of the siding (yep there's a bit more that needs replaced in the back) and I think ordering pavers for the patio.
No comments:
Post a Comment