Ah the joys of the midwest...yesterday wasn't a snow day but school was closed because of the cold. Do you call those "Cold Days"? I'm not sure but the temperatures were well into the negatives and the windshield colder. Not complaining, it was colder other places, but wow it was cold. So the boys and I spent a day at home. Joshua seemed to not sleep well the night before so slept a bit in the morning. It was nice to get some things done and play with Noah. We tried finger paints - no luck still he still doesn't want them touching him. We did have lots of fun playing with cars and balloons though. Mike even joined the fun when he got home. Joshua got a bath after he got very dirty and this towel that we got at the shower was just too darn cute. I want to say he was some better yesterday with the medicine, but I don't think so as he was quite fussy in the evening and afternoon and really was just mostly sleeping in the morning. I'm not sure, still hopeful or trying to be that it is just reflux. He is a bit hoarse again though...poor kid. Noah was so chatty yesterday! He seemed to have so much he wanted to say and was in such a great mood. He still doesn't have very many words that are at least clear and I'm not sure if it makes sense but he's getting to talking with lots more sounds lately. I'm waiting for the day that the flood gates open so to speak and suddenly he can be understood better.
This morning when he was getting up, I asked him how he slept and it really sounded a lot like he said "I slept good" though not quite that perfect of course...I thought I was still half dreaming but Mike said it sounded that way to him too. Mind you I'm not saying he has these words clearly yet, but sounds are getting closer to words I guess which is good. He was playing with his balloon again this morning, why we didn't think of balloons before for a fun indoor activity is beyond me - thankfully we have some smart friends =) Cheap entertainment is always good when it is so cold. That's about it for us, here is a link to the videos from yesterday that are on photobucket - couldn't upload videos here this morning for some reason oh well! If you click on the picture/video on the above post you should get back to our photobucket album and be able to see all of them.
Other than that we're going over to a friend's house today to play for a bit later this morning.
1 comment:
I'll allow you to say it was cold as long as you still recognize those of us actually freezing our bums off up north!
Post a Comment