Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Don't Want to be an Expert

Really...I promise, I don't want to be an expert on ear infections! I said this jokingly but I take it back...really I do. What are we going to do? So yesterday morning Noah woke up with a bit of junk coming from his nose, his eyes were a little junky too. We stayed home and kept an eye on him, he acted fine all day and his nose was no longer running. Great I thought - we'll be able to go to MOPS on Tuesday and not worry about him spreading germs or feeling bad (though he acted completely normal). Joshua seems to be feeling much better, he is even sleeping well at night. Yeah so we woke up this morning and Noah still had a junky nose, seemed a little worse. Mike & I were cleaning it out (yes it takes two of us if we are both here, it is much easier with two) and I noticed there was junk on his ear, I asked Mike quickly if that was from his eye or what, oh no of course not - it's coming out of his ear! EEEWW! So least to say we are not going to MOPS today, we are going to the doctor AGAIN! His ear still is draining, I hope that means it doesn't hurt as much as it used to when he got ear infections. This is his first ear infection since he got his tubes in (I'm assusming its an ear infection - we'll know for sure this afternoon) so I suppose it is improvement on how often he had been getting them. He acts completely like himself though - he's been running around and playing with cars. The doctor's office is going to be sick of us, I went yesterday for allergy medicine, Noah will go today for his ear, Joshua has a well baby visit tomorrow. I'll update again this afternoon after we know what is going on for sure, but I promise Noah seems okay and is playing well so at least that is something.

No comments: