Monday, February 18, 2008

A Small Favor to Ask

Well Joshua is feeling better, his ears are good and his nose is no longer closed. This is such great news and we are so thankful for that. While he's seemed happier some, there are still so many times throughout the day that he is just not happy, he doesn't seem comfortable and certainly not content. His cries at these times seem more like he is in pain or is hurting. It is absolutely breaking our hearts as we can't figure out what it is. We thought at first it was that he didn't feel good, stomach bug, then a cold/broncolli infection/ear infection - who could blame him? But now even though it has been a couple days without symptoms of the other things we are still having these crying spells and they are almost always accompanied by gas and his body being stiff and legs being pulled up. We have of course tried the gas drops and even tummy massage and of course burping him. So I think tomorrow we will make yet another appointment (they will be sick of seeing us) because I just can't believe that this is nothing but gas - if it was mild gas from eating I would think the drops would help. I am reading everything I can find - there are many things it could be...mostly just allergies/intolerances to foods and supposedly they can test for this by examining diapers...but I want to make sure there isn't something else going on and get a doctor's opinion as to where to start eliminating foods from my diet if it could be something like allergies or a food intolerance. So just pray that Joshua finds comfort and contentness so he can enjoy being a baby and we can enjoy playing with him and not simply trying to make him feel better and also that we see a doctor who is willing to hear our concerns and helping us figure out how to make him comfortable. I know it could be collic - we can deal with that if it is, but as it seems to be on and off all day (not like most cases of collic I have heard) and always with the gas I'm afraid to just say that is it and not at least try to figure out if there is something we can do to help this little guy. We appreciate all the prayers...we just want to make sure that all is well with Joshua and he can be a happy a little boy to join his very happy brother. By the way check out the video of him and Daddy jumping =) Mike and Noah had so much fun.

No comments: