Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ah - Saturday!

Umm...so what's this? It was Friday night and this
is what I see when I look at Josh from the kitchen!


Our Cheerio Lover!

Just look at that potty chart! It's all full !
We started it on Monday, he's doing well.


First I want to just right now get it out that I almost feel guilty with how relaxed and refreshed I feel right now, my nerves feel calm, my mind somewhat clear and I feel sane! WHOOHOO! Apparently after random things happening while Mike is away, I needed not one but two girls' nights/afternoons, I had one last Sunday and one again tonight. Can I just tell you how awesome our friends are? Seriously, I can't thank them enough. Ken watched the boys again for me, I watched Simon last night while he and Alexis had a date - but we had so much fun (up til bedtime) that it was hardly work and I can't believe that we traded time, I think Ken got the short end of the stick here. Thankfully Mr. Joshua decided to help make sure things went smoothly tonight and slept the ENTIRE time we were away, almost 5 hours - umm yeah we are still up, but I'm hoping he has a repeat performance for the night. Our girls' night didn't quite work out as planned, we were missing some friends and that was sad, but we had dinner at PF Changs, walked around the mall and then got cheese cake at the Cheese Cake Factory. Ah - so good, we did make sure to bring some home for the hubbies who are home and for Sara who couldn't join us (so bummed she wasn't there, but just an excuse to plan one on her schedule soon - because we all need some girl time!) Seriously, I feel like a new mom, don't forget that - it's so easy to forget the lesson but please please don't and remind your friends of it often - you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of anyone else well.



So anyway, we have just had a great day. Our day started out at home relaxing, playing, and trying to do a few odd chores for the day. (Pesky chores, they just sometimes have to be done). Noah had an awesome potty day - no accidents from morning til this afternoon at least. Well okay one small one but I think he tried to go on, no tried to go in, his potty. I was getting laundry in the dryer and heard him say go go, it was still early and well he was really running around the house naked (yeah yeah horrible mom I am huh?) anyway so I hustle upstairs to help him get on the potty and he's standing in front of it and there is pee on the seat, some in the seat, and some on the floor. I think he tried to stand. Seriously? Where did he learn that? I don't think from Mike, I'm not sure he's ever been in the bathroom with Mike...weird that little boys just know these things (and how to climb and find all kinds of mud). So even with a trip out, he didn't have an accident and he's starting to tell me without me asking him he has to go. What a BIG boy he's becoming! Now tonight I totally forgot the seat that sits on the big potty when he was with Ken, and of course had him in diapers (our last ones I think other than the overnights) so Ken didn't have to deal with wet undies. I meant to take the seat, so he could still go on the potty. We're all learning I guess.



So Josh slept the whole time I was away and Noah was pretty good - though he and Simon act so much like brothers and sometimes get in little scuffles. I'm so thrilled. As soon as we got home too, Noah didn't want to go to his room, I thought he was just tired and crabby and not wanting to go to bed, his potty chair was in his bedroom at this point. No, he wanted to go to the bathroom and went and sat on the potty to go! Then off to read our 3 stories (yes, it's always 3) and he hopped right in bed. Josh played on the floor while we read, then ate himself and played some more and ate again and is already asleep. I can't complain at all about this day, other than Kasey right now barking some in her crate - she went out but refused to potty herself, tough bananas I say - it's late and I'm going to bed (in all honesty I'm pretty sure she just wants attention and a treat, apparently getting them for going to her crate has become too much of a habit). So enjoy your day, sorry it was a while since I posted - we've just been crazy and busy - sometimes it feels like we've done nothing but I don't think we've sat still too long.

No comments: