Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Today

So as a quick recap of yesterday - it was stressful, it wasn't a fun day because mommy was in a bad mood. I felt awful, guilty and just plain sad that it was all my fault, but I guess it happens and today was a new day, a better day.

This morning we spent doing a few chores, hanging new curtains and hooks and such. I broke a drill bit - yep broke it in half trying to hang a hookrail (think hat/coat hooks on white board x 6) for diaper bags and such to ease some of the overcrowding in the hall closet (clutter and disorganization tends to drive me crazy some days). So I stopped construction type activity for the morning and we spent time in the pools. Kasey and Noah had fun "filling" the pool, I'm not sure much water was in the pool when they were done, but I took over and got it filled and then we all enjoyed some time together. We tried for naps after that but Noah sat on his potty chair when I asked and actually made a deposit. We aren't ready for that adventure just yet because he still could care less if he's wet or dirty for the most part but I am not going to discourage this behavior towards potty training in anyway. I think this had more to do with being at a friend's last night who is potty training. So then Noah was climbing in his room I think and fell (it was time for a nap so I was not in the room)...really again? He is just scratched up this time, not too bad but not wanting to sleep so we went to p lay with Lex and Michelle, and then Simon and Alexis were there too! The boys had so much fun.


Josh is full of milestones today - he sat himself up this morning, he was on his belly and suddenly was sitting. Well suddenly isn't the right word, but after a little effort and some straining up he went. I think he surprised himself. Then in the pool, he was pulling from a sitting position to his knees using the side of the pool. Oh and he's in his new carseat, no more infant carrier for Josh - he's got a big boy seat! (The replacement part came yesterday and I got it all fixed and installed into the truck). Have I mentioned Josh's love of cheerios? I cannot go a meal without him having some, he gets upset and if we walk by the container of cheerios he reaches and grabs for it and then if I say no will scream. I think that he is really enjoying feeding himself, I suppose that we won't have a ton more purees to make for him when we finish up the stock in the freezer, we'll just be able to cut and dice his meals, maybe he'll have teeth at that point (don't hold your breath though!)


By the time we got home the boys were both tired, Josh took a nap and Noah kindof just hung out and watched me get dinner ready. Noah and I had some dinner, I tried to sneak pieces of veggies into his forkfuls but he would find them and say "no, here" and point to the veggie I was trying to hide and then to his plate. Smart cookie huh? After dinner it was ready for bed and then we all went for a nice walk. Josh was up for our walk but Noah fell asleep about half way through and went to bed easily once we got home. Kasey even has had a friend come to play tonight, come to get her actually (Katie the little dog next door jumped the make shift fence and was barkign at the back door!) That gave me a real hoot...though I suppose I need to fiddle with that tomorrow and try to make it taller. Josh is finishing his cheerios now, then hopefully will be off to bed so I can finish up some chores while they are sleeping and get to bed myself.

No comments: