
And this is not one that I'm looking forward going through - it is one that I will be so glad when we are done with it but the adventure/journey to the end isn't going to be super fun. I think we are going to start potty training. I posted Thursday about Noah's little experience with the potty chair, that I felt was a fluke. Well this morning he was wet (as usual from waking up) and was trying to get his diaper off, I looked at him and asked him if he needed a new diaper, he said "no,no,no" and then went and sat in the bathroom on his potty chair. Yeah, I wasn't sure what to make of it except that maybe it is time. I don't want to start now, I'm tired, I don't like doing laundry and with towels from the pool and the dog right now we have so much as it is, I don't want to do it until Mike is home...ugh - but life moves on and I don't think not encouraging and going with Noah's desires here will do us any good so we are going to potty train. I'm not excited, I'm trying to be excited because I want Noah to be excited but I'm not. This morning he has wet 8 pairs of underwear (and here I thought having liek 15 was excessive, apparently not). Though unlike his trial when we bought the underwear, he gets very upset every time he is wet, he will say "go, go, mommy, go, go, go" until we get him to the potty and the wet underwear off. I'm hoping this is a good sign. He has peed twice in the potty chair though and we both were very excited about that - he likes his M&Ms and he likes flushing the toilet and then doing the "potty dance" (yeah he likes to dance and sing so I'm acting like an idiot for him, don't ask to see it because you won't get to). There are moments Noah is loving his new underwear and moments he wants them off and cries when I try to get him to put them on. This really isn't so much fun. Tomorrow we'll just do diapers as we have church and then he'll be with Ken and Simon for the afternoon while I help Alexis celebrate her birthday with some other girls from church...but I think after that we will be trying to potty train, we will be doing tons more laundry and trying to smile and have fun on this new adventure.
So if you happen to call and I don't answer or I answer and say oh I gotta go, forgive me - we are trying to potty train and I really want it go quickly though in my head I can see it being several weeks before we are accident free (well mostly) and have a little boy who will tell us when he needs to go (until then we'll prompt him often, but I'm not sure I count that as him being potty trained or just part of the learning process - I think it's more of the learning process).
Josh has been fussy since yesterday, he's a very needy baby again. Poor little man, he I think is having pain in his mouth from teeth (really, who knows but from the drool and chewing that's a decent guess I think) and he's so frustrated not being able to crawl yet. He can get up on all fours now sometimes and has sat himself up a few more times, but he wants to go. So hopefully we wont' just be all cranky by the end of the week!

We did get the camera back all repaired though! I'm so glad, I missed it, I liked my loaner fine for a loaner but I missed the quality shots I was getting. Oh - and check out Kristin's blog and say a prayer for her fiesty nephew Brody who will be having surgery on Monday morning, her sister and brother-in-law could use some prayers for peace during the ordeal as well! Thanks!
The last picture is of the new hookrail...that only cost us one drill bit and a couple extra holes in the wall. I think it will make mornings so nice!
2 comments:
Oh the joys of potty training! Can't say I miss it- 14 2year olds to train at a time. At least it is just the one for you.;-)
Stick with it, well worth it in the end I promise!
Good luck with the training. My old Pediatrician used to call it "Parent Training"!!! We used a sticker chart with both kids, worked great!!! Annie decided at 20 months she wanted to be trained, but Travis was 2 years 9 months before he was trained. All it took was one weekend, on the farm, peeing outside to have him convinced!! Yikes, though we lived in town, not so easy when you have neighbors!!!!
Take Care~
Tom and Chelle
Post a Comment