
Happy 4th of July! We have had a day at home just playing and enjoying great weather in the backyard. Lots of our friends were getting together for a BBQ and fireworks and I know it would have been a really great time, it was last year, but I am tired and worn out and just didn't have it in me to chase Noah and keep up with Josh. I think that Kasey needed a day with us home too, so that is what we did. I'm not sure that we really did anything out of the ordinary for the holiday, which makes me sad in a way especially since it was Josh's first 4th of July but I know the boys still had a great day - in the end
that is what matters.

To update you on why I am being lame and staying home on a holiday - not very typical behavior for me I know, our last few days have just been busy and eventful. Chrystal's visit came to an end way too quickly, Wed. we had to take her to the airport and send her off - though she could have really gotten away with taking one of the boys I guess since Noah went with her to check in while Josh ate and they gave her an infant boarding pass! Seriously? That is just crazy. Noah has already looked for Aunt Chrystal in the last few days, I hope she knows just how much we miss her already! Though, I hate to say we sent her home sick apparently with a stomach bug of some kind. That brings me to our night on Wed. Kasey had puppy class of course, so Ken & Alexis kept the boys for me, Noah was having a bit of a rough day from saying goodbye and still not really sleeping super great. I hated to leave them but hoped they were good. Well, they were okay but Alexis called me as I was knocking on her front door - Josh was throwing up a lot. He hadn't had wet diapers all day and now with throwing up I called to get permission to go to the ER - I wanted confirmation that he was not dehydrated. Alexis and Ken got stuck with Noah for the night, my neighbor was kind enough to take Kasey to have her play when I asked if she would just let her out before bed in case we weren't home until late or the morning. Josh ended up just having a stomach bug as well, he was not dehydrated and all the blood test were negative. That was a relief. I came home to find out Kasey had banged her paw again and was getting on kitchen counters - UGH! She's just a puppy, she is learning but that was not what I wanted to hear.
So Thursday we took the camera to have it looked at and have an estimate on how much it will cost to have it fixed and I took the boys to Home Depot to get the things for the fence that needs fixed. Well it's a good thing I went ahead since they have to order it and it will be a few weeks, no big deal though as it wont' get done until August anyway. The guy was very helpful with getting things ordered and the boys all in all were good while we waited, just had to keep getting toys and snacks and trying to occupy them. I got home and naps were begun, Noah took forever to finally settle down into a nap and Josh slept for 10 minutes and then was up again. He was just fussy and not feeling well. So in the meantime I had taken Noah's carseat out to wash the cover only to discover that part of the impact foam is cracked - what?? I am trying to call Graco and see what is going on as it has not been in accident or even really moved from car to car very often, I feel it must be a defect but of course that meant instead of waiting to get Noah a new seat I had to do it last night. Simon came over to play for a while Ken & Alexis went to look at phones and such (this is not counting as the date I told them I wanted to keep Simon for...I still need to remind Alexis of that!) and so they had dinner with us and then kept the boys while I went to get a new carseat. We may have to buy Josh a new one too now I guess, but maybe Graco will replace the other one, not sure how that all works. Just a bit frustrating and not being able to discuss it at length with Mike makes it more stressful for me, and he apparently got a bad stomach bug too. So yes, we opted out of activities today to have some time to rest. Mike is feeling much better, Josh seems mostly better but we may keep home one more day to let him rest. Kasey seems to have no more limp either which is great. So happy, Happy Fourth of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment