Well Josh has not been himself - as past posts have indicated. So we had our appointment this afternoon - with a wonderful, wonderful doctor that we haven't seen before but I would gladly see again. Anyway - I felt awful because he has a double ear infection! Oh my poor little boy, no wonder you have been upset and fussing, you must be in awful pain. So I feel horrible that I didn't take him earlier, the gunky eyes should have been a clue to me but his fever was never high until last night. He is on some medicine, his doctor flagged him as allergic to ammoxicilian (I'm sure I spelled that wrong so please feel free to correct me! It's late and I'm not looking it up right now!) because of previous reactions when he took it or I took it, he was more rashy/itchy and just plain irritable. So he is on something else and she put in some scripts for tylenol and motrin for me since as she said we probably go through enough with two little ones! That was very nice. We were in and out within 50 minutes - fantastic!
So we did go to Sam's with Kristen and one of her boys. Now this is where I am excited. Noah went potty this morning 3 times on his potty, the last time right before we left the house. So it had been a while since he had gone potty. We got to Sam's and went straight to the bathroom, I expected him to be wet and was ready to change his undies but he wasn't wet at all. He sat on the big potty but didn't need to go. Several minutes later he told me "go, go" so I told him to hold it for a minute we had to get to the potty, picked him up and ran to the bathroom (Kristen was with Josh don't worry I didn't just leave him!), he made it in time!! So he waited til he was sitting on the potty to go but umm, well Mommy needs more practice in helping him aim because he peed a bit on his undies. Poor guy, he made it to the potty and it was all my fault he still needed changed. Well while we were there, he did have one accident because he said go, but wouldn't come near me - we're still going to have to work on doing number 2 on the potty - so then leaving he told me go, but I wasn't quick enough that time. Okay so again on the way home, he is saying go, go. We had run in the rain so his shorts looked wet, but he kept just saying go, no go. So we stopped and I was prepared again to change wet undies but he was dry, so there we stood in the parking lot of some gas station and he looks and me and says go, and pees. Tonight at bedtime, he kept saying go, go and insisted on sitting on his potty (the time it takes is beginning to frustrate me so I'm trying to stay patient) but as I was fussing at him because I thought he just didn't want to go to bed, so finally I just said okay pjs now - no no, then he gets up and says "wahta, wahta" and sure enough had peed in his potty again! Oh he is getting to be such a big boy. I guess this is not just simply a phase, it seems he is going to stick it out and be on his road to freedom from diapers. Speaking of diapers, he is okay with swim diapers he can pull up, but regular diapers he is upset about putting them on. I guess we may bite the bullet and get pullups for church and sitters after all. Oh well.
So yes, it has been a big day for both the boys. I only hope that Josh is feeling better and better and that our accidents with potty training become fewer and fewer. (Oh and that as a mommy I stay a little more patient with this potty training stuff!)
No comments:
Post a Comment