Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Day...

Well I feel like there are about 10 different things to update you all on...so I will try to make the brief and interesting =)

First I am so very thankful for good friends, have I mentioned that lately? From phone calls to see how we are to company and someone to watch the boys for puppy class (that's tomorrow). This morning Simon came over to play while Ken & Alexis had an appointment to check on Mr. Ryder who we are anxiously waiting to meet! Anyway, I love to watch Simon and Noah play, they have such a great time and are so happy. It just really makes for a great morning.

Second we have a new potty seat, one that seems will be a bit better for Mr. Noah who is continuing to potty train. Speaking of potty training, I think that it is going fairly well - today he seemed to realize a little bit before he would go that he needed to go, this is progress right? Though tonight he didn't want to sit on the potty. Ugh, it will be a journey won't it?

Third, on a hot day nothing beats the kiddie pool (especially when it is free - because there are no life guards in the kiddie pool I am assuming). Noah had a super time, again we saw Alexis and Simon and some new friends we made at the pool. He was just crawling and wading through the water, tossing balls around and just had a blast. Joshua was angry when we got there, he ate, he was changed, he just was angry - once he was in the water he was happy as a clam though. He tried to take a head first dip in the pool while I was turned away to check on Noah, quickly snatched up by another mommy - he kept his eyes open and mouth closed and tried to do it again and again. I think we have two water babies living in this house.

Another first, well a true first, as the last week Josh has pulled up to his knees, and with alittle help would get to his feet. This morning he pulled himself right up while sitting on the floor next to the train table. His poor little feet and legs were so ackward, they were twisted all funny but he was so happy to be standing! A little adjustment to his legs and he stood hanging on to the table, banging while Noah and I played cars.

So that was our day, not a ton of pictures - we did have a blast though playing, not sure either of the boys was super happy to run to BabiesRUs - but hey you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes, to the pool, to having some good dinner. It was a pretty good day, though Josh still seems to be just a little off, not quite himself, could be teeth, a cold, I'm not completely sure because he isn't running a fever or super congested or drooling. Hopefully tonight I'll get more than 3 hours of sleep though!

No comments: