Thursday, July 17, 2008
Curve Balls in the Game of Life...
Yep, they are bound to happen but lately I'm just feeling a little tired of them you know? So there were plans today to go with Kristen and her two boys to go and explore Sam's - I'm really considering cooking once a month, it would make buying in bulk effective for somethings that normally wouldn't be so I want to go and see if it really would be cost effective to do that or just get things at the commissary. Anyway, Kristen had kept the boys last night, and Josh was so fussy and wouldn't calm down, finally he did right before I got there, I was only at puppy class 45 minutes, I felt awful he was so much to handle. Not that she couldn't handle it, but you know you don't want to burden others with your kids when they aren't themselves. Anyway he spiked a fever last night, 102.5 so now instead of going to Sam's we're going to the doctor. He has been warm (100.5) on and off for 2 weeks now, the virus should be gone, there are no teeth popping through so I don't know what is going on. Getting an appointment was not much fun today because I called after 7 because while Josh slept from 9 - 5 am (WHOOHOO!!) Noah did not. We got home late and Josh was very needy so Noah had to wait for his bedtime routine, then when we were almost done a call from Mike threw things off a bit more (I felt so bad because he was upset about messing up bedtime, but it was well past what should be boys' bedtimes - he couldnt have known!) so it was 1100 before Noah finally settled in and at 130 am had a horrible nightmare that kept him awake and upset until 3. SO I overslept when the boys were sleeping in this morning and all appointments are taken by 650 I think in the peds clinic, so frustrating. We did get one after leaving a message with the nurse and waiting for her to call back - 130 to figure out what is going on with this munchkin. Kasey is in the backyard playing in the wet sandbox (I forgot to put the lid on after Friday night with all the kids here - it's rained and now needs to dry out but in the meantime it's one huge mess for Kasey, which she loves and I hate). So really, I want a break from the curve balls, when I could have gotten 6 hours of sleep straight from Josh, Noah can't make it through the night, now we are all here cranky and tired. Hopefully after a movie, we'll have early naps so we are rested by the appointment. So much for housework and painting baseboards today...ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have been thrown quite a bit lately. I hope all will settle down soon. I hope josh feels better too!
Post a Comment