Monday, July 7, 2008

He's ALL Boy

Well, I suppose since its past midnight, all of this technically happened yesterday but since I haven't been to sleep yet, I'll just say today. Well our morning was a bit frustrating to begin with, Noah really wanted nothing but chocolate milk and didn't like being told no more. Ah, when you are 2 that must just be the worst thing ever! Anyway, eventually the day starting turning around and while Josh was sleeping Noah and Kasey were playing. They were having great fun in the pop up tent. Well, about 145 we were getting ready for nap time, I went to take Kasey outside to keep her out of trouble while we did stories. So I came back in to Noah crying and downstairs on the ground, I feel awful about this but I told him as I was coming downstairs he was okay, get up buddy. Only then I saw the blood, all over his head and face! Freaked me out, I tried to stay calm, I picked him up and took him to the bathroom to get a wet wash cloth to try and stop the bleeding, called Kristin (who really must be sick of my frantic calls!) and then Alexis (who is going to soon be sick of my children because once again she saved the day and kept one of the boys while the other one went to the ER). I am not sure why I thought the wash clothe needed to be wet, I think I thought so it didn't stick to his hair and make the cut worse, I couldn't see how bad it was and it didn't seem to want to stop bleeding. We went to the ER because I wasn't sure how bad it was, and well it was a head injury and Noah can't exactly tell us if he's dizzy or his head hurts. 4 hours later, we got the clear that he was fine, most of our time was simply waiting and by the time we were seen I knew Noah was fine, he was tired of waiting and tired from not having a nap, running around in circles and just trying to be goofy. One fo the other parents there laughed and was like I can't imagine how he fell and hurt himself, his son was like you can't? Its really obvious he just seems to never stop going. Yep, that is our Noah. I did finally figure out how he got a puncture wound from falling into the corner (or this is my guess of how he was hurt based on where the blood was and he was) We have 2 walls that meet in a corner, the 2 baseboards also meet and as he was playing in the tent and crawling around, my guess is that his head somehow met those two baseboards which form a pretty sharp point. I'm just so glad he is okay, we got milkshakes and fries for dinner and watched "Team Geotrax" and he went to bed with his cup of water and 3 stories just like normal. I just woke him up to check on him, he was grumpy and mummbling something and just wanted to go back to sleep (this is normal Noah behavior).

In the time I was waiting to check on him, I did get a chance to talk to Mike who suggested that we find something else to do with our free time other than hang out at the ER - he's pretty funny don't you think? I kept just saying I wasn't sure how to teach Noah to be cautious, Mike laughed and said it wasn't possible, we just had to channel this unending energy and drive to climb, jump, explore. I think he is absolutely right, but goodness I'm tired of the drama for a bit! In the mean time I got some of the trim in the house painted...I really want to try and do a little bit every week so that hopefully Mike won't have to worry about it, I hope it will be a nice surprise as the fence will need immediate attention and the outside of the house still needs painted in spots. I'll post pictures of that later, I think it's really turning out and since he can't read the blog I can post them there and tell you guys as long as you keep my secret (he'd fuss and say I have enough of my plate, but so does he and his lists just always seem so long and tedious, I want to make it a little lighter for him)
The pictures are from our ride to the ER - I didn't even think to clean the blood of his face and hands, just grabbed him once the bleeding had stopped and went. Then of what I was seeing while we waited at the ER on his head. Also Noah watching cartoons while we waited in the room, and the actual cut on his head which wasn't as bad as it looked at first.

No comments: