Well, since Noah had a fever yesterday we stayed in today to let him rest and get better. He is feeling much much better. This morning he was still a little quiet and clingy but by the time Mike was home from work, he was running around and wanting to play and eat! Good signs. It will be nice to get out tomorrow with the boys even if it just for a meeting. Though our time at home today was productive, I cleaned out and reorganized lots of things. Mike & I talked about going through and decluttering each room and reorganizing as needed, thinking of doing one a week roughly. We did Joshua's room on Saturday and the bathrooms last night. Today I got all the toys done (upstairs/downstairs and some that had been put away after Noah "outgrew" them), the bookshelves downstairs and Noah's room and our room. Mike jokingly said at dinner we didn't have to rush, but I'm sure he was glad it was done. We just don't have a ton of space to keep things that are not used often or are wearing out and it seems neither of us like things too cluttered. So that was at least good.
But boy, I forget how quickly these boys are growing some days. Sunday at the doctor, Noah of course stepped on the scale, funny that he steps on the scale still to me, anyway he weighs just at 29 pounds already! I don't remember exactly but I want to say at his 18 month check-up he weighed about 24 pounds, so 5 pounds? I could hardly believe it. I know he's also gotten taller, but couldn't tell you just how much. We'll have to remember at his 2 year check up. Noah also showed us that he knows another new word today. Mike had on a shirt from some basketball tournament he was in several years ago....well Noah pointed to the ball on it and said "b-ball" and Mike said yep you're right that's a basketball, then Noah pointed to the net and said "net" I think that surprised Mike since that isn't a word we have been using a ton lately, the last couple nights we've "read" it as Noah pointed to it in a book but not too long. It seems like this is his 4th word in about a week new. It also seems that Joshua might already be cutting teeth - seriously mom is not ready for this - but it seems his top gums are showing some pearly whites hiding back there. Teeth coming in already, oh my! I think he's at about 14 lbs too, at least that is our guess with Mike stepping on the scale while holding Josh. Big boys. So that is really it for us, just a pretty quiet day at home resting and getting well.
No comments:
Post a Comment