
The weather had been warmer during the first part of the week, I'm really sad to say it's getting cold again though. It stinks! I want warm weather, I want spring. We did take advantage though and spend some time outside this week. Today I was thankful the Easter egg hunt was inside at Mike's work. Noah had a great time hunting for eggs. The beginning part had an Easter bunny...only it was an Easter "bear" The Christmas party with Santa had many scared kids I think so they opted for a less intimidating character to help celebrate. It was so cute, Mary who did it was so great! I didn't get good video of it really, that was disappointing to me because really it was just done so well and all the kids loved it. There is a short one though of at least Noah's reaction. Other than that the egg hunt, the boys have been at home today hanging out. Noah took an almost 3 hour nap! WOW! Mike is studying for his test that is coming up, after he takes this test he'll have his Masters! I'm so proud of him, he really has worked so hard to get it done so quickly with all the other things that have been going on in our lives and that have kept him extremely busy. I had another baby shower to go to, yes everyone practically here is pregnant, I wouldn't advise drinking the water unless you want to be too =). The shower was very nice. We also got our Palm Sunday palm tree almost done. I'll have to take pictures tomorrow when we do it to post. We decided to make this after I got an idea for a Sunday school lesson. We decided to use PVC pipe and dowel rods along with craft foam. It's pretty cute, Mike did all the sawing, painting, and getting the tree to stand. I cut out the palm l

eaves and found the miracles we wanted to use. Essentially, we have 7 palm leaves for the 7 days from Palm Sunday to Easter, each palm leaf has verses written on it of a miracle Jesus did. We'll let the boys choose one each night at dinner, read the verses and talk about the miracles and Jesus. Of course the boys are a bit young right now to really grasp it completely, but that's okay. I think this year Noah will at least like choosing a palm leaf to take out and he likes to hear us read. We really just want to make sure that Easter's real meaning remains the focus of our festivities. Tomorrow we'll have our normal Sunday activities and will also begin packing for our trip to St. Louis!
No comments:
Post a Comment