Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Joshua & Ethan

Noah hunting eggs in the morning

These are the eggs Mike & Noah dyed

Noah & Joshua Easter evening (Noah you can
tell had already had a little chocolate!)

Here's Noah ready for school? LOL this is


what he wanted!


Noah & Simon having dinner at the "kids' table"




Well it feels like today was a super busy day here. We went to the early service at church, Mike & I both helped in the nursery at the 930 hour after that and then Mike and the boys went home and I stayed to teach my Sunday school class. Guess it was pretty busy this morning. Noah got up and found eggs that I had hidden last night - too funny because I really wasn't sure he would just start collecting them since really we've really only had 1 egg hunt this year and I doubt he remembers from last year. He had a rough night sleeping last night though and it showed during the last hour he was in the nursery. He saw Mike & I walking back to help in another room and never really did calm down so I stayed in his room instead. Eventually he settled down mostly and got an early nap so I am hoping it was just from not enough sleep that he was off. We had some friends over for Easter dinner tonight and had a great time visiting with them and enjoying all the yummy food and drinks every brought. So neat how the afternoon and evening go by so quick when you are just enjoying good company. It was funny to me in a way that Joshua wasn't the youngest...it just seems like he's so little still, but of course Ethan was here and he's just over a week old, he's adorable by the way. He and Joshua were dressed a bit alike too - was way too cute for a picture. Noah and Simon had a great time playing of course, those two are the best of buddies. This morning while I was in the nursery room with Noah, I noticed that admist all the other kids (I think there were 14!) he & Simon found a little area and both were laying on the floor playing with the same toy together - they share so well together and it just too sweet.


After dinner, Noah came over while I was holding Josh and put his hand on his head and patted the top of his head and said "haaat" (imagine him saying this with the t on the end being very faint but still there!) I was so excited, he's starting to echo more sounds lately and he really came over and said hat. I probably almost yelled in my excitment for Mike to find him a hat, hey if he came over and said it and said please (well this weird nonsounding like please word he uses for please and we are trying to correct anyway) I thought we could at least get him a hat. He then wanted his coat and backpack on too. I guess he thought he should go somewhere. It seems just in the last couple days he has 3 new words, he now says hat, girl, and door. Pretty cool! I can't wait to see what words he'll learn next. It's nice to know that with all our reading and saying words to objects he points at that he really is getting it, both in being able to find things and understand directions and also now getting those sounds down too.

No comments: