Thursday, March 6, 2008

Play Time & Planning Vacation!

It's official - we're taking a mini vacation in a week and a half. Mike got time off and I booked a hotel. We're going to St. Louis to go to the City Museum, which we've had so many people tell us how great it is. I'm so excited. We haven't been somewhere as a whole family since Noah was Joshua's age - too long! This is the first time we've really taken a vacation some where other than to see family too, feel a little guilty about that but still looking forward to a great time. Booked the same hotel that Lauren & I stayed at this past summer so that is nice since I know it was very clean and nice and had a great breakfast and they have an indoor pool. So we'll leave on a Tuesday and spend Tuesday night hanging out poolside. Wed. we'll spend the day at the museum minus time for lunch and naps and head home Thursday. A quick trip but still looking forward to time away. Now to find some CDs that are VeggieTales so we don't listen to the same one over and over. Noah has one (the one from Tom, Chelle, Travis & Andrea) that has his name in it and is VeggieTales and we listen to it over and over and over in the car...he loves it but really we can't drive all that way with just 1 CD so I'll be borrowing from some other folks around here to hopefully have some different songs. There's not a ton going on here...the pictures are from Burger King today. We watched Elora this morning for a tiny bit and then Sandi & I were working on some AWANA notes to our girls and she suggested going somewhere that the kids could run and play - Mike got off early so we all went and had lunch and played. Nice timing for the commissary after that, Noah was worn out and slept in the cart the whole trip. Joshua was content too as he was in his sling which really seems to be a favorite spot for him. Mike & Josh are napping now and Noah is relaxing a bit too. Oh yeah - this morning Mike got up with the boys (Josh was up a bit last night so I was getting to catch up on sleep), anyway he said when he got Noah up, Noah had turned on his light and was sitting in the green chair with his NASCAR Color & Shapes book reading. Melt my heart! What a great kid we have, I am so glad he likes to read, though finding him sitting still for very long is rare it's a joy when we do. Tonight we are relaxing here and cleaning as we have Bible study at the house tomorrow night. Burger King and the grocery store are all the excitment we can stand for a day I guess =)



No comments: